WHAT WE’RE INTO NOW:
- Reading: Freedom by Jonathan Franzen, short stories by Alice Munro, just finished The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami
- Watching: Game of Thrones, The Trip
- Listening: Rainy day heartbreak music — Miles Davis, Nina Simone, Laura Marling
- Eating: Almond croissants at The Secret Garden
- Blogs: La Blogotheque, The Hairpin, moreIntelligent Life
- Reading: The Body Project: An Intimate History of American Girls by Joan Jacobs Brumberg
- Watching: The Hangover 2
- Listening: Mormon Matters Podcasts
- Eating: Cherries!
- Blogs: http://www.jerryseinfeld.com/
- Reading: Just finished The Hunger Games, also recent: Breastfeeding Made Simple: Seven Natural Laws for Nursing Mothers, The Blessing of a Skinned Knee: Using Jewish Teachings to Raise Self-Reliant Children, How I Killed Pluto and Why it Had it Coming, and A Doll’s House (Ibsen).
- Watching: Old episodes of The Office, Gosford Park, Upstairs/Downstairs
- Listening: BOSSYPANTS audio book
- Eating: Goat cheese and rice crackers, imported mint Aero Bars, Heading back to Flip Burger Boutique next week (Top Chef Richard Blais’ restaurant) with out of town friends.
- Blogs: Best for Babes, HuffPo, Missionary Position
- Reading: Just read — Scribal Culture and the Making of the Hebrew Bible by K. van der Toorn, couldn’t finish — Midnight’s Children by Salman Rushdie, reading — Unprotected Texts: The Bible’s Surprising Contradictions About Sex and Desire by Jennifer Wright Knust.
- Watching: Super 8, Mad Men Season 4, Bart Ehrman lectures on The Historical Jesus from The Teaching Company. Looking for — a series with people more attractively dressed than Bart Ehrman, preferably shot in 1960s garb with a soft amber lens and not talking about Jesus.
- Listening: Jeff Beck’s Rock -n- Roll Party, honoring Les Paul, Wave of Mutilation: Best of Pixies (or, actually, Here Comes Your Man), reading/listening to during work commute–A Short History of Film.
- Eating: Yogurt on blackberries.
- Blogs: Patheos, Out Walking
- Reading: The Sea by John Banville, Advanced Marathoning by Pfitzinger and Douglas (the foremost technical guide: not that I consider myself ever to have a chance of becoming ‘advanced’!), Mobilities by John Urry (a sociological study on ‘Issues of movement’: cars, roads, modern life).
- Watching: Bored to Death (fantastic, HBO mystery/comedy), Battlestar Galactica
- Listening: Battles, Tomahawk, Skrillex
- Eating: A huge bowl of porridge in the morning, a few squares of dark chocolate in the evening, and LOTS of delicious tapas when we go out.
- Blogs: Bourbon Feet, Run. Race. Repeat. & D&S, of course!
Reading: Dancing With Life by Phillip Moffit, (re-reading) Women, Food and God by Geneen Roth
Watching: The Daily Show, So You Think You Can Dance, Millionaire Decorators, Real Housewives of NYC (judge ye not). Also, watching my tomatoes, veggies, and herbs grow minute by minute – I’m totally obsessed with the garden.
Listening: ID Project Podcasts, Sounds True/Insights at the Edge Podcasts
Eating: Oatmeal with flax seeds, local strawberries/blackberries, brown sugar, skim milk (YUM). Trader Joe’s milk chocolate bars.