Welcome to the Psaltery & Lyre submissions page!
Please follow our guidelines carefully:
- Read what has already been posted in Psaltery & Lyre to get acquainted with our aesthetic. If you don’t like what you read, you should probably consider submitting elsewhere. That said, we welcome submissions from both established and up-and-coming writers. A large percentage of our readers are Mormon, but we look for (and accept) good poetry from anyone (written from any perspective). Excellence is what we’re after.
- All manuscripts submitted to Psaltery & Lyre must be original and previously unpublished and will be considered first for online publication and then for print publication. The former does not guarantee the latter. We acquire non-exclusive Internet use rights (for publication on the P&L website) and First North American serial rights (for potential inclusion in the print edition). Although P&L retains non-exclusive Internet use rights indefinitely, upon print publication, all other rights revert to the author.
- We accept submissions year round. Simultaneous submissions are okay, but please let us know immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- We accept emailed submissions only. Email all submissions to email@example.com. Please include a cover letter, a short bio, and 3-5 poems in one attachment (.doc or .docx).
- In the subject line of your email, please put your last name and “Submission.” For example, Johnson Submission.
- Payment. Currently, we offer none except the thrill of seeing your poetry published and the chance to respond to readers as they react to your work.
- Please allow up to two months for a response to your submission. If you haven’t heard back from us after two months, you are welcome to send an inquiry.