Welcome to the Psaltery & Lyre submissions page!
Please follow our guidelines carefully:
- Read what has already been posted in Psaltery & Lyre to get acquainted with our aesthetic. If you don’t like what you read, you should probably consider submitting elsewhere. That said, we welcome submissions from both established and up-and-coming writers. A large percentage of our readers are Mormon, but we look for (and accept) good poetry from anyone (written from any perspective). Excellence is what we’re after.
- All manuscripts submitted to Psaltery & Lyre must be original and previously unpublished and will be considered first for online publication and then for print publication. The former does not guarantee the latter. Our first print edition will be out in winter (Vol. 1, Issue 1). We acquire non-exclusive Internet use rights (for publication on the P&L website) and First North American serial rights (for potential inclusion in the print edition). Although P&L retains non-exclusive Internet use rights indefinitely, upon print publication, all other rights revert to the author.
- We accept submissions year round. Simultaneous submissions are okay, but please let us know immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- We accept emailed submissions only. Email all submissions to email@example.com. Please include a cover letter, a short bio, and 3-5 poems in one attachment (.doc or .docx).
- In the subject line of your email, please put your last name and “Submission.” For example, Johnson Submission.
- Payment. Currently, we offer none except the thrill of seeing your poetry published and the chance to respond to readers as they react to your work.
- Please allow up to two months for a response to your submission. If you haven’t heard back from us after two months, you are welcome to send an inquiry.