1) Write a post for one of our guest post themes. Click here for the current theme (and/or to see previous themes).
2) Write a post specifically for one of our columns (see the Column Guide). When you submit a guest post to a specific column, it will be routed to the Doves & Serpents blogger responsible for that column (for a brief introduction to D&S bloggers, see the About Us page).
3) If a theme doesn’t work for you or you’re unsure about a specific column, but you still think D&S readers would enjoy it, then send it to us (and we’ll figure out what to do with it).
We will respond to all guest post submissions within a week. We may ask for revisions (or we may ask for permission to edit your post ourselves).
Here are some submission guidelines.
- In most cases, posts should be less than 1000 words.
- Please send a picture with your post (the image should be at least 950 pixels in width). We recommend using the advanced search feature on Flickr. Click here and make sure to check the box that says Creative Commons-licensed content. Email us the URL for the photo you’ve chosen so that we can properly attribute it to the artist.
- Submit your post to email@example.com
- We should acknowledge receipt within a day or two, so if you haven’t heard back from us, email us again.
- Please let us know in the email whether you want the post to be published anonymously or with your full name or just part of your name.
- Posts should be original and previously unpublished (unless clearly otherwise noted). Submissions will be considered first for online publication and may, at some point, be subsequently considered for print publication in a D&S publication. We acquire non-exclusive Internet use rights (for publication on the D&S blog) and first rights (for subsequent print publication in a D&S publication). Although D&S retains non-exclusive Internet use rights indefinitely, upon print publication, all other rights revert to the author. Go here for a brief guide to understanding copyright.
- If you have any questions about the process, or want to bounce ideas off someone, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We know our readers have a lot to contribute (so step up and send your posts).
The Doves & Serpents Team